Wednesday 1 June 2011

Bike Ride.

Whitby is a little hilly for kids on bikes so I took Jasmine for a bike ride along the Derwent Walk.
She was enjoying making her voice echo under the bridge.
I love this house, even though it is said to be haunted. In 1911 on a cloudy moonless night, after the the passengers from the last train 10.45 alighted,  the station master was shot. The motive for the murder was said to be robbery.
The place looks quite neglected now and has done for years. I have always dreamed of living here, tidying the platform, opening up the garden and serving teas etc to passing walkers and cyclist. I don't think I could ever persuade my husband to live in such a lonely place. So I will dream on!

2 comments:

  1. Helen,
    So lovely to hear from you and great to see you have got into blogging. Your blog is super and your cakes look so delicious. I love what you have done with the summerhouse. I shall put you on my blogroll and will keep in touch. Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely that would be, hold onto your dreams someday they might come true, do you do the lottery? lol, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete